- Memberships can be paid anytime during the current year.
- Membership renewals not paid by March 1 are considered LATE . . . and will be penalized a $50.00 late fee.
- Late memberships not paid by the end of the calendar year are considered lapsed and are penalized a $75.00 lapsed fee.
- Should a Registered member lapse beyond a year this member will be asked to reapply through the Registration Committee, paying the necessary $40.00 fee for this process as well.
- Lapsed Professional members will have to produce a letter from an employer to state that the member is a reputable and practising professional.
When can I apply for Registration?
- Registration Applications are accepted three times annually: January 1st, April 1st and September 1st.
- Applicant must be a Professional Member with OATA for six months prior to applying, and must provide thier OATA membership card with thier application.
- Applicant must have completed 1000 supervised, paid, DIRECT CLIENT CONTACT hours POST Graduation date
How should I prepare/organize myself for becoming Registered?
- You must keep track of your direct client paid hours and submit them upon registration
- You must make sure that your Art therapy supervisor has had one of the following designations for at least two years : OATR, RCAT, or ATR. They must also have current and on going Art Therapy working experience. Ask your potential supervisor if they meet these qualifications and if s/he does not, s/he must contact the Registration Chairperson for an application form. Effective January 1, 2003, OATA supervisor status must be renewed annually.
- Professional liability insurance is a requirement in order to become registered and all those who are practicing should have some form of insurance, either privately or through the agency in which you are employed.
How can I become a volunteer with the OATA?
As a non-profit organization, the OATA relies heavily on the dedication and support of volunteers who are members of OATA.
Areas in which you can volunteer include these committees:
- TAPESTRY Newsletter
- Public Relations
For further information on volunteering, please email: email@example.com